perfect. seared. scallops.


 

I love scallops. Over my entire lifetime, I’ve have food faves rotate in and out in phases. I was obsessed with scallops, couldn’t get enough and then sort of forgot about them in my 20’s. I don’t know what that was all about, but the cravings are back with a vengeance.

I’ve been buying them like wild and this is my favorite, perfect, super awesome scallop recipe. A simple seared scallop. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people mess this up getting fancy. This is a 5 minute meal. Serve them with a side of tender crisp green beans and blanched slivered almonds, a big glass of wine… you’ve got an easy dinner everyone will rave about.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1 dozen fresh scallops


Directions
Dry your scallops. This is really important. Lay them out on paper towels and make sure they are good and dry for the best sear. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Heat the oil in a good fry pan on medium high heat. Gently add the scallops and sear on the first side for approximately 2 minutes. Flip and sear on the second side 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked through.


Set them aside on a plate. Deglaze the pan with the butter and wine over medium heat and add a dash of salt. Drizzle a tablespoon of the butter wine sauce over the scallops and lightly sprinkle with the parsley… then serve.


If you’re a lemon head [I’m not a big lemon/seafood person, but totally get that most people LOVE it!], squeeze a quick dash of fresh lemon over the scallops, and then serve. That’s it! Enjoy…
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts