I had to Take them Down


My bird feeders…

I’m kind of sad about it, but I’ve been losing a constant battle with some sort of night bingers. I don’t know what kind of animal it could be. I just got sad all over again watching the cute little birds peck around for seeds where the feeder was.

A few weeks ago I put up a hummingbird feeder and regular bird seed feeder. It’s been mildly annoying attracting a slew of 5:00am singing birds and woodpeckers, but I love nature. I was dealing with it.

First the annoying squirrels came. I always let them eat for a while because they are animals too. They get there fill, then I shew them away so the birds can come out again. But now it’s this overnight thing…

I wake up every morning and the hummingbird juice is completely gone. It’s not tipped over, it’s not spilled - something just comes and drinks about a full 16 ounces of juice? The seed is always gone too. 

I moved the darn things before thinking we had raccoons that could get to the area it was, but here it is, happening again. I don’t know what else to do. I really wanted to put out a bird hotel house, but with the food issue, I’m thinking operation bird is a scrap. Is there anything I can do?

Popular Posts