Getting Our Yard On


I never, in a million years, thought I would be the person that LOVES yard work. I’m serious! I love it!! Every time I do something that makes it look better, I feel really happy. It’s like I’m building my own little paradise. The more flowers and trees and fruit we have growing, the more it’s starting to look like a little tropical mecca.


Even the laborious work is really enjoyable. After a day of planting, weed pulling, hauling around mulch and planting soil, I feel good sore. Like the kind of sore where I know I worked hard, did something active and got an awesome workout without having to hit the gym or home videos.


So far we’ve planted a white flowering tree, mulched in all the garden areas, started a flower bed and put our vegetables and fruit in + new GRAPES! Yeah, we’re growing grapes. I’m really stoked about those. I trimmed the hedges out front with the cool new hedge trimmer I bought. That was fun. Wish I had something else to dice up.


Next on our list, we’re thinking lawn care. Our yard is a little acidic, so we’re thinking 2 treatments of lime this season and 2 treatments of earth friendly weed killer. Seed late August and we should have incredible grass next spring, 2014. I think it will be worth the wait.

Popular Posts