100% Natural Sunblock Recipe


I have been searching high and low for a sunblock that is 100% natural. Well, they just can’t be marketed. The FDA only approves two natural ingredients to be sold as sunscreen, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I kind of don’t like those ingredients either. I also don’t like the power punch of random other ingredients included in the “natural” over the counter products.


What you can expect to find in an over the counter “natural” recipe…



Soooooo… I went to work on my own. I have my own studio loaded full of every ingredient I need. I don’t know why I was even looking online. I guess I was just hopeful I could make one less thing. Oh well! Add it to my spring/summer DIY list.

Ingredients
5 ounces shea butter [SPF 6]
3 ounces olive oil [SPF 15]
1 teaspoon raspberry seed oil [SPF 20-40]
1 teaspoon carrot seed oil [SPF 30-40]
1 teaspoon corn starch

Supplies
Hand blender
Large bowl
Microwavable measuring cup
Whatever jar you want to store your final product in
Your freezer
Handful of ice

Directions
This is a really simple recipe. First, you’re going to weigh out your butter and olive oil. Heat them in the microwave until they are almost melted. Take it out and stir to finish melting the rest of the way.

Add your corn starch, carrot seed oil and raspberry seed oil and use a fork to whisk the ingredients completely together.

Set the mixture in the freezer for about 5 minutes, just to start cooling everything. Set a handful of ice and some cold water in a bowl. Take your measuring cup out of the freezer and place it in the cold ice water.

Using your hand mixer, start whipping. This will take several minutes. You can literally watch your blend starting to solidify and then it will whip into an amazing butter that looks a lot like whipped cream. Toss the mixture into a jar and you’re ready to use.
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts