A Pleasant Surprise

Or so I thought…


I’ve been doing tons of little yard sprucing things the last month. Spring is the best time to start all of those outdoor projects. You get the best temp for hard labor, all the rain for new seeds. I was checking out one of the little bald spots in the yard where I planted grass, when I noticed my bird seeds were sprouting!

I was so excited thinking about roasting sunflowers with salt and olive oil this summer, when I looked a little to the left and realized...


I have a trillion sunflowers! The little patch that I prepped for perfect grassing, sprouted every single sunflower seed that hit the ground. Maybe my green thumb is stronger than I thought?

Now I don’t know what to do with the little guys. I already have a fun, bright yellow house. I don’t want to be the person with sunflowers lining the entire outside. That’s a little too whimsical for me. I don’t want to leave them in the middle of my new baby grass either. The only thing I can think to do, is line the fence in the back yard? People won’t really see that, just us.

Popular Posts