The Twilight Zone

I was having the most insane Saturday. For the life of us, we couldn’t seem to get off of I435. It reminded me of The Twilight Zone episode where Philip couldn’t leave the small town.

It all started with one of those odd feeling days where you don’t know what you want to do, but you want to get out of the house, so you’re open to anything. Jaime suggested the Japanese Festival, which I had mentioned weeks before and was dying to see. We headed to it. We drove up, saw a bunch of young college students and he DROVE OFF!? A 40 minute drive down the drain.

So then he suggested we go to the German Fest near Legends, another 30 minute drive and just started towards it. I couldn’t find it anywhere on the net, so we kept arguing about how it didn’t exist. The poor kids were falling asleep and THEN Jaime decided he wanted to drive another 30 out of the way to pick up the wagon.

I was really starting to lose it by then. I’ve never rolled my eyes so much in my entire life. After an hour on the road, we ended up back at home, eating lunch and packing up to go to the Renaissance Festival AGAIN. So that’s where we ended up after all that driving. What a painful, painful morning.

 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts