clean eats | Onion Steamed Salmon


I have been trying to create a clean eating salmon recipe, that’s as good as my favorite Candied Salmon, for a few weeks now. I’m real into sultry sweet salmon dishes with super crispy skin. It sounds crazy - it’s AMAZING! But, you can’t have all that sugar on clean eating days…

This recipe is PHENOMENAL! I even surprised myself. I wanted to create a lot of moisture so the salmon didn’t dry out without butter, oil or the skin attached. I came up with the wild idea of steaming the salmon over a large bed of onions. This is now my entire family’s all-time favorite salmon dish. Even fish haters tear this one up.

Ingredients
1 large onion
4 skinless salmon fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves minced garlic


Directions
Make sure you have a really good non-stick pan. I have a great set that I don’t need any type of spray, oil or butter for. Not even eggs stick to that sweet set. Set your pan over medium heat to warm up. Cut up your onion and throw it into the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper.


Meanwhile, take your salmon...


...and season the first side with garlic, salt and pepper.


After the onions start to sizzle a little, place the salmon on top of the onions, seasoning side down. 


Season the second side with the remaining garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes…


…then flip and cook for 5 minutes on the second side.


Then serve!


I served mine with two piles of clean transformed potato and tomato galettes…


…and a huge side of tender crisp seasoned and baked asparagus. The entire meal was huge, completely clean, and still just under 400 calories. And I have to say, you don't have to be a clean eater to enjoy this recipe. Health is a happy side. It's a must try, it doesn't matter if you serve it with 10 pounds of bread and butter. It's amazing.
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts