the Mystery of the Beef Jerky

Did I ever tell you about the time…


That I may or may not have eaten the “Do Not Eat” thingy in the bottom of the beef jerky bag? Yeah, I’m still afraid I’m going to end up with some kind of weird problem when I’m older.

Every time I get really hungry grocery shopping, I’ll grab a small bag of jerky. My husband likes to grab candy. I just can’t do that. It makes my sugar levels all wild. Beef jerky is lean and high in protein. Always the perfect fix to keep me from keeling over.

So I was driving and chowing down on my way home, like I do every Friday afternoon. This particular day I was really going to town. What can I say? I was hungry!

I looked into the bag to see where more beef was hiding and there was no preservative pack!!! I freaked out. I was looking at all the chewed up jerky in my rear view mirror to see if there was anything odd in there. I found nothing!

I was pretty much waiting to die all week. It’s been about a year, I’m still here. To this day I have no idea if it wasn’t in there, or if I cheated death. Mystery remains unsolved…

Popular Posts