{recipe} Bacon and Feta Chicken Roulade


I'm a mom. I'm happily settled into my mom life. My twin boys are toddlers. They are way too insane at two years old to take into public. I want food. I want GOOD FOOD. I want restaurant quality, flavorful and I desperately need new all the time. I can't live on at home repeat baked chicken, plain spaghetti, pork chops...boring, boring, boring...I just can't do it.

This recipe is another I rolled out when I had some awesome random ingredients on hand and was in the mood for something goooooooooood. It's so easy. No sautéing, pre-browning - throw it together in a pan and this seemingly complicated recipe makes itself. My kind of super mom fave.

Ingredients
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 thick cut pieces of bacon
6 mushrooms
2 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
3 ounces crumbled feta
3 tablespoons olive oil
Non-stick cooking spray
Salt and pepper to taste
Italian seasonings to taste


Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take the chicken breasts and one by one, place between two pieces of heavy duty saran wrap. Bang until thin, anywhere from 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch thickness.


In a blender {or you can finely dice, I just save time blending everything}, blend into small chunks the shallot, mushrooms and garlic.


Coat each piece of chicken on both sides with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Lay on one side, a third of the shallot, mushroom and garlic mixture, and one ounce of the feta cheese.


Roll each stuffed chicken up, and wrap each one with 2 pieces of the bacon, and place each roulade onto a baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray, seem side down. After all three roulades are finished, spray the tops with cooking spray and cover with aluminum foil.


Place the baking pan into your preheated oven and bake covered for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and bake a final 15-25 minutes to crisp up the bacon.

Let everything rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve. This is an awesome recipe. Everything is moist, flavorful and so cheap to make.


Don't be afraid to make adjustments for the leftovers you have in your fridge. Great replacements would be Swiss or parmesan cheese instead of feta, fresh spinach or the leaves of artichoke hearts instead of mushrooms, onion for shallot, fresh herbs instead of dried Italian - go crazy. Get rid of those amazing things you have sitting around.


In the Mood For Gravy??
Take the drippings from the dripping pan and place them into a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, 1/2 cup any white wine, 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon of flour. Bring to a simmer until mixture thickens. It only takes a few minutes. Serve over the roulade.

 
 
 


Popular Posts