A Little Independence


So, this week was my first outing running around and taking the kids to school with our new car. I’ve got to say, I dreamt of the day, but I had no idea it would be so sweet. I could sleep in, I only had to drive 10 minutes down the road and back…absolutely amazing.

Just as wonderful a gift, was my first morning alone in 3 weeks. The kids caught some random flu bug, even with their shots, and ended up with ear infections and bronchitis. I didn't have a moment alone in almost a month.

I don’t ask for much, but my “me” time means the world to me, and I don’t count nap time...


...listening to the monitor for every movement, eyes popping wide like I just heard zombies moving around upstairs, wondering how much time I’ll get, “Oh no! Are they waking up already??” 


No way! Doesn’t count.

I’ve got to give a shout out to all the mom’s out there {and active dads} - working hard behind the scenes, cleaning, keeping everyone fed, making everything run smooth. It is not an easy job. It is one of the most underappreciated job in the entire world. That is exactly why we’ve got to stick together. We know. Passing the love to you!

Popular Posts