Finally! A darn car…


I haven’t even mentioned that when we moved across the US, we downgraded to one vehicle. I’m aware it was a bold move, but I work from home, the kids were only a year old so they didn’t have a social life, and I thought I could deal for a bit.

We didn’t think our old van could handle the extreme cold, the 1100 mile drive, and it would have cost quite a bit of trying to get it to Missouri. I would say we’ve been vehicle sharing for a little over 3 years.


With the kids being older, spring time rolling around, the clash of schedules and a general dying need to get out of the house whenever I want, we finally broke down and bought a family car. A huge weight has been lifted off all of us.

It took a lot of searching, but we found a car that has everything we need + more. All I wanted was a third row and something that wasn’t hideous. I can’t believe what newer cars come with. This is the first time I’ve actually had to read the car manual to figure out how to operate the thing.


So now we have a Cadillac SR6 V6. I don’t know what any of that means, but it’s pretty and I like it. I’m looking forward to using it for road trips and when family comes to visit - and of course, driving everywhere in Missouri just because I can.

Popular Posts