vivid dreaming + listening to your inner self


I have insanely vivid dreams. Just the other night, I was dreaming I was Carrie Bradshaw drinking cosmos on a plane back to Virginia, and another about a prison break - that one has been reoccurring lately. As a vivid dreamer, I’ve gotten accustomed to jotting down and decoding my dreams. Things are never what they seem.

Most every dream has something going on that directly points to a person’s everyday life. My dreams have been a rich source for matching up what is going on in real time, with what is going on in my subconscious. I like to keep it real. I like to make sure that I’m not hiding things from myself and that I’m always staying on top of every issue.


The newest insane dream that has stuck with me [warning! this one is wild]…


I was getting ready to have a little sex [so embarrassing!]. BUT, it was me, my husband and someone who was supposed to be my teacher from school. I was super nervous in my dream. I ran into the bathroom to make sure I looked okay.  I had hair growing everywhere.  Like a wild mammoth. 

I grabbed a pair of scissors and started chopping away. I had patches of bald spots and super long hair all over the place. It looked so crazy.  When my hairy self came out of the bathroom, I realized I was wearing 2 layers of shirts and some old jogging shorts. It was so ridiculous.

Just when the fun was supposed to start, my husband and the teacher turned into zombies, and out came a group of more?!  They started eating me alive… like all of my face, ribs. It was so gross. The last thing I remember is having an out of body experience, looking back at my half eaten body. My husband, who had just eaten me alive, had some sort of zombie remorse and threw up, all over my face. It was so weird... and so hilarious.


Soooooooooooooooo… to decode this twisted masterpiece...


This dream had a lot of layers to it. The entire sexual aspect, boils down to dealing with issues of birth, marriage, death and maybe even a little of worrying over the loss of my sexual appeal. 

My son’s death has been on my mind a lot lately, as well as my sister in law and my husband’s best friend. I pretty much think of at least one of them, every day. And who doesn’t worry about loss of sexual appeal when they have kids and just hit 30.

From the clothing and a few other aspects of the dream, I’ve gotten the distinct impression that I feel a bit censored, that I’m keeping parts of my personality in the closet. Apparently my mind does not like it. Seeing my teacher also represents my new path and trying to learn from past experiences. I’m also putting a lot of pressure on myself to succeed.

The hair has to do with reshaping my thoughts and habits. I have been trying to work some new good habits into my life. A more regular workout routine, cutting down on the wine and late night snacking.

The zombie feast has to do with a fear of losing who I am and being consumed by my own ambition. I am a very ambitious person. I’m always expanding, planning, learning, growing, taking on more and more. I pretty much took away from this part of the dream, that I need to take a chill pill.

The barf is telling me that something in my life needs to be purged. I can think of a handful of things that I may be needing to push out. I’m still coming freshly out of the “shocked tired” early mom stage.  I’m just now getting myself together, reshaping my life and trying to find the perfect combo between who I’ve always been and being a mom. I’m getting there.

Dream Decoding is a really interesting way to get in touch with your inner self. I’ve been using the same book for over 10 years to help decode my dreams. It’s probably pretty outdated. I highly suggest picking up one you like to decode what your mind is trying to tell you. It can be a lot of fun learning more about the inner workings of yourself.

Popular Posts