[recipe] Easy Bacon Egg Toast Cups


I’ve been making these cups for years. I had this really cool little gadget about 6 years ago that came with a recipe for them, but they were supposed to be made in the little machine with biscuit dough. One day I realized, why make 2 at a time in the little cooker, when I could make a dozen, or even two dozen at once. We’re a family of 4, we have people over. I need bulk and fast.

So, I went to work on this little recipe. I make everything in my muffin cups - mini pies, sliders, mini cakes… they rock. This is my favorite breakfast recipe. You can cut this recipe down to make 2, 4, 6, 8 - or even double to make 24 for a big group.

Ingredients
12 eggs
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 pieces of bread
4 tablespoons butter, room temp
12 slices bacon, cooked
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray your muffin tins with non-stick cook spray. With a 2” cookie cutter, or a wine glass like I used, cut out a dozen bread rounds.


Butter one side of the bread. As you can see, mine was full of crust because I was trying to use up all of my hoagie rolls. Seriously, use any bread you want.


Smoosh the bread, butter side down, into each muffin cup.


Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup of the cheese.


Break each bacon slice into 2 or 3 pieces to fit into the muffin tin. Put a full piece of bacon in each cup.


Crack an egg on top of each cup. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.


Bake for 15 minutes, or to the temp you like your yolks. 15 minutes gives me a runny yolk, with the egg whites cooked. If you like it fully cooked, go for 20. They’ll be nice and cooked through. That’s it. Pop those bad boys out and enjoy!
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts