[recipe] Smoked Salmon, Egg & Asparagus Salad + Creamy Dill Dressing


I was recently introduced to the best cook book EVER! Now, I love all my cook books, but this one fits the lifestyle of a mom on a budget like you wouldn’t believe. The book, Just Four ingredients Fast! It has over 150 recipes made with 4 ingredients, and most of them are done in 10-20 minutes max.


I really put this book to the test. There were so many awesome recipes, that hubby and I actually modeled our entire weeks shopping list around dinners, all prepared from the book. My shopping list was really fancy, full of fresh herbs, vegetables, fruit - I thought for sure it would break my budget. I actually shaved $100 off my normal weeks shopping trip and still fed the entire family. The meals were cleaner, leaner. I cannot say enough good things about this book.


 
Ingredients - the salad
12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
7 ounces sliced smoked salmon
4 hard boiled eggs, halved
1/3 cup creamy dill dressing

Ingredients - the dressing
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill


Directions
For the dressing, just whisk together the three ingredients and set aside. It’s all done and ready to go.


Boil your eggs, peel and set aside.


Grill your asparagus. The way I like to grill mine, is in the broiler. I spray down a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat my oven broiler on high. Drizzle the asparagus, in a single layer, with a touch of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. I broil, for my thin asparagus, in the middle rack about 2-3 minutes on each side, until tender crisp.


Then you simply divide the salmon, asparagus and eggs onto 4 plates. Drizzle the dressing over the top and enjoy!
 

 
twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail
Pin This!

Popular Posts