Spring Animals


This is our first spring in our new home. We have a nice, suburban neighborhood, the culdesac pretty much all to ourselves. The woods are way across the main road. We have a fenced in 8 food privacy back yard. I don’t know where all these animals are coming from!
 
I love animals, but I’m starting to feel like I’m living in the dwarf woods in Snow White. Besides the spiders [yuck!] and wasps, this past 2 weeks we’ve had woodpeckers, blue jays, cardinals, a raccoon that came to our back door at night and looked right at me, that 2 food turtle, bunnies, a gopher that burrowed straight through our yard – I practically fell in.
 
A few mornings ago, we woke up to overnight bird nests. We went to sleep, nothing was there, we woke up the next morning, and there were two fully finished bird nests. I don’t mind them staying, as long as the birds aren’t territorial. If they start attacking me, or especially the kids, they are out on their feathered fannies. I’ll move the nests to the neighboring trees and hope they find them, or just move on.

Popular Posts