[recipe] French Toast Pops


My husband loooooooooves French Toast. It’s his absolute fave breakfast food. Even though he gets it at home all the time, he still orders it out any chance he gets. I’m always looking for new ways to jazz it up for him. Well… I recently received this AWESOME book that has not only put a French Toast smile on hubby’s face, it has single handedly revived my cake pop maker. Before I got this book, it was just sitting around.


The book, Savory Bites From Your Cake Pop Maker, has 75 recipes for appetizers and kicking entrees. Especially if you have kids, you have got to grab yourself a copy. They will happily eat everything you put in front of them. We made the French Toast [which I’m sharing today].  I'm also looking forward to making the Bacon Blue Burgers, Beef Wellington Bites, Taco Poppers… and did I mention they have a vegetarian section!? What a way to jazz up the usual boring veggie side with Spinach Pie Pops, Broccoli and Cheese Bites and more…

Ingredients
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 huge hoagie rolls [slightly off original recipe, cause I wanted to get rid of my existing bread]
1/4 cup sweet cream butter, room temp
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Maple syrup &/or powdered sugar for serving


Directions
First, I preheated my cake pop maker. I mixed the eggs, milk and vanilla and set it aside.


I cut the hoagie rolls in half, lengthwise like I was going to make a sandwich. Buttered the crust side of my hoagie rolls and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Then I cut the hoagie halves into thirds.


Rolled the hoagie pieces into balls, keeping the butter, cinnamon and sugar crust side to the inside of the balls. I left the bready middle on the outside for soaking up the egg. I set them all aside, there were 2 dozen total.


I sprayed my pop maker with nonstick cooking spray. Then I dipped each ball into the egg mixture... 


...and placed them into my cake pop maker.


Close and bake for 4 minutes and VOILA! Awesome French Toast Pops. The recipe made 2 dozen, which was SO MUCH food, and that is a great thing.


The kids ate, Jaime ate, I ate… we still had leftovers that we picked on all morning. Awesome recipe, awesome book!

 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts