to Cleanse or not to Cleanse


That is the question I've been asking myself the past few months. I used to juice cleanse at least 1-2 times a year, every year. It was a whole lot easier BT {before twins}. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely a challenge, but if I were a little tired I could lay down, on really hard days I could take a long nap - I could really take it easy when needed. I don't get breaks like that anymore. If work is slow I can sneak a nap when the kids nap, maybe even hand them off to hubby when he gets home some nights, but in between I'm stuck moving full speed. I could see January being the perfect month because business does slow down a bit.

I went through two short spurts of cleanses right after the kids were born. I was so tired by day 3 that I could barely keep my eyes open. I don't know what I was thinking. Well, okay - I was thinking baby weight needs to go bye bye, but cleansing was not smart at the time. So what are we talking here?

My typical 10 day juice cleanse:
  • 1 day of eating raw vegetables and fruit only {no more than 40% fruits}
  • Followed by 10 days of freshly juiced fruit and vegetable juices only {no more than 40% fruits}
  • Followed by a 3 day post diet of nothing but raw vegetables and fruit only {no more than 40% fruits}
  • Colon cleansing daily from day 1 to 14

Then I typically resume a light, mostly vegetarian diet.  It's a semi-long stint, it is very challenging - I'm not sure I'm up for it, but my body feels off like it needs a good rinse out. Thoughts? Suggestions? I've considered letting myself load up on as much green tea as needed for extra energy even though I'm supposed to be knocking those things out of my body??  -But- I am more concerned about the wine and cheese build up than the caffeine. 


Popular Posts