A Typical Weekday


Life with twins is complicated, hectic and endlessly wonderful.  I’ve found that the best way to stay on top of all my obligations, and be successful in every part of my life, is organization.  Because my husband has a good education he puts to use, I have the rare privilege of staying at home with my children and running my own business.  Unfortunately that automatically deems me the ‘stay at home caregiver’ and adds keeping the house straight to my daily to-do list.  I also have social obligations, I’m a very active member of two teams and I have hobbies I like to keep up with.  The following is a rundown of a typical weekday and how I get it all done.

As soon as the kids wake me up I make a pot of coffee.  If I don’t have at least one cup of coffee by noon, I’ll drop dead.  The second most important step of my day is making a goal list.  Yes, I actually do this every single day.  I look through my Emails, I check my online store, I take a good look around the mess in my house and I check all of my social networking sites, then start to compile my list.  A typical day usually consists of making a treasury, responding to Emails, updating social statuses so friends and family know I’m alive, making fresh soaps, packaging them up to mail out the following day or drop off at my local shop, dishes, laundry, steam cleaning, etc…and then the LONG list of things the babies need.  I’m so used to doing this it takes me 20 minutes and then the babies are ready for milk bottle #1.  

Today is also baby bath day, so after about a 30 minute hang out to reduce exorcist like spit-up, I run baths and one-by-one they smell a little less like butt and a little more like lavender.  Has anyone ever told you that baby boys stink?  It’s true; I can scrub in every crack and crevice and at the end of the day, there feet already smell like mini man feet, BLECK!  After bath, lotion, dress, brush and cleaning everything up, it’s solid lunch time.  I like to make semi-exotic healthy baby dishes that are mild in flavor because the kids don’t like anything too wild.  Today the menu includes a parfait of peaches, apples, bananas, yogurt and oatmeal then it’s down for afternoon naps.

 
If I’m lucky I’ll get to check off most of my personal and business goals from my list during nap time as well as grab a shower, a snack and a second cup of coffee.  The rest of my day is filled up with lots of fun baby games, some outside play time, a few more bottles and a fancy baby lunch and dinner.  I cram anything that didn’t get done into my night schedule while the babies sleep.  When my husband gets home I manage to spend time with him and get a home-cooked meal on the table most nights.  Sometimes when I’m lying in bed passing out from sheer exhaustion, I wonder how it all got done.  I sleep, I wake and I repeat. 

Baby Menu and Feeding Schedule of the Day:
*Early morning bottle #1
*Breakfast parfait of peaches, apples, bananas, yogurt and oatmeal
*Afternoon bottle #2
*Late lunch medley of sweet potato, peas, carrots and oatmeal
*Evening bottle #3
*Late evening banquet of turkey, carrots, peas, green beans, potatoes and oatmeal
*Middle of the night bottle #4    

Popular Posts