Easy Oven Roasted Fish


If you couldn’t tell already, I love to cook.  I especially like to make my own recipes because I hate following strict direction, I don’t like having to travel all over the US to find strange ingredients, I don’t want to take way too much time before I can eat and I don’t like spending too much money.  I also like the ability to change my recipes whenever I want and still have them turn out great and I really like a meal that basically makes itself.  Creating my own recipes gives me all of the flexibility, affordability and speed I’m looking for. 

Earlier in the week I made ceviche with my husband and he bought twice as much fish as I needed.  So, I had two pounds of fresh tilapia fillets that I need to cook ASAP.  The following is a recipe for oven roasted tilapia served with squash and zucchini that helped me get rid of half the leftover fish.  This recipe will feed 2-4, costs less than $20 to make, practically makes itself and only takes 25 minutes. 

Ingredients:
1 pound tilapia fillets or any firm white fish
Brummel and Brown yogurt butter, regular butter or margarine
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of Italian herb mix 
Frozen box of squash and zucchini mix


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Lay the fish fillets out in a single layer in the dish.  Sprinkle a small amount of salt, pepper and Italian herbs onto the fish; only on the top exposed side.  Place a few large dollops of your butter choice around and on the fish.   Throw in your preheated oven for 20 minutes.  About 10 minutes into the cooking time, throw your frozen vegetables into a microwavable bowl, add about two teaspoons of butter and a dash of salt.  Microwave a few minutes until they are fully heated through, giving them a stir every minute or so.  When the fish is done, place a few fillets on a plate, drain the excess liquid from the vegetables and serve them alongside the fish. 


That’s it!  You’re done.  This meal is light and filling at the same time.  The fish is creamy, a little buttery, flaky, extremely moist and perfectly seasoned.  Accompanied with a glass of wine and a rich dessert, everyone will think you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. 

Popular Posts