The Master Cleanse

A few days ago when I was blog laughing about all the junk I’ve been eating lately, I joked a little about a cleanse or fast in the near future.  I have been reading about various types of cleanses and the one that has attracted me over and over is The Master Cleanse. 


When I went to drop off soaps to restock my store front yesterday I realized how tired I am, I’ve had a headache off and on for weeks and I feel thick and slow.  I’ve had it.  I have always been a very healthy person.  Don’t get me wrong, I love to eat really good, high quality foods that include meats and cheeses and breads, but I have adapted long term raw, vegetarian, vegan and organic regimes through my life.  My pregnancy was so hard on me I’ve taken the past nine months to enjoy all the things I couldn’t for an entire year.  The time of dark self-indulgence has to end.  I want to be healthy and energetic so I can not only keep up with my kids, but outrun them from time to time.

My Master Cleanse starts Monday March 21, 2011!  My goal is not some insane weight loss, but to clean my body of caffeine and processed sugars, to rebalance my body after experiencing a twin pregnancy, to refocus my mind and rebalance my body, mind and soul.  I know this will be hard, but I’m hoping going about it in a calm, self-loving manner will make this not only a healthy experience, but the uplifting soul searching experience I need.  If anyone follows along with me, feel free to comment on your progress and contact me by Email to keep each other motivated.

Don’t worry, every day I won’t be rambling about my cleanse.  You will receive tiny updates, but they will be a backdrop to my usual lifestyle; not a new boring obsession.


The plan suggests a three day ease in Living Food diet, a ten day cleanse at the least and finally, a three day ease out Living Food diet.  Day one will consist of eating nothing but unlimited raw fruits and vegetables, with the balance being at least 60% vegetables for the day.  Day two will be spent drinking unlimited fresh homemade juices from fruits and vegetables with a continued balance of 60% vegetable juice.  Day three will be nothing but fresh orange juice made at home, no added sugars. 


Then the 10 day cleanse will start.  I originally had no intention of taking laxatives, that’s a little harsh to me.  I love my body and want to give it a gift, not squeeze myself daily like a lemon, but diuretics are part of the program and help cleanse and regulate.  Every night I will be taking ColonClenz.  I chose this herbal supplement because it’s all natural, made from only herbs and isn’t something that can cause dependency or other crazy problems if used long term.      

The recipe for the cleanse:

* 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
* 2 Tablespoons Rich Maple Syrup
* 1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder
* 8 ounces (250 milliliters of Pure Water)

This ‘lemonade’ is made fresh and consumed fresh in an unlimited amount throughout the day.  From what I’ve read, the average is about 6-12 glasses a day.  People with more calorie needs will drink as much as 26 a day. 


Then there is a three day ease out diet, which is the Living Food Diet in reverse.  Day one is nothing but orange juice, day two is fresh vegetable and fruit juices and day three is raw vegetables.  This is where a nice healthy balance is to be restored and a nice normal, natural diet should resume. 


One last note, I didn’t decide to jump on this diet all willy nilly.  I have read a lot about what supposedly comes out of this diet and have done a lot of research on the top recommended way to do this diet safely and effectively and still live my usual active lifestyle. 

Next week is going to be a busy week.  Our big move is Saturday the 26th.  Look out for tons of photos and funnies on that subject, I have some amazing movies I’ve been watching that I’m dying to tell you about and very shortly I have two big surprises to announce.  I also have a few recipes that I’ll be sharing soon, so if you are going to cleanse with me, please don’t read them!  They are sooooooooo good and the pictures are so sultry I’m going to have trouble blogging them. 

Popular Posts