Another Day in the Life Of


It had almost been a week since my camera, kids and I had nice weather we could take advantage of.  I was dying to get out!  Today was still very chilly and recovering from Sunday’s big rain.  The sun was bright and creamy and by 3:00pm, I couldn’t resist the unusual shadows that were being cast all around.



I bundled up the kids in sweats, socks, hats, blankets, jackets; pretty much anything I could think of, and we were off!  I found some of the most amazing things that after countless walks, had never noticed, until this particular day lit them up so beautifully.  It’s crazy what you find when you step out and try to see the world in tiny pieces through your camera lens. 

I would have to say my favorite shot of the day, is of the first budded dandelion I’ve seen all year. 


My glory moment was when I finally captured a decent shot of some daffodils, which were on my ‘Spring is Springing’ photography goal list.  I do have to admit that when I laid into the bed of daffodils I smelt either some boxwood hedges, which are notorious for smelling like cat urine, or it was urine.  Now, I didn’t see any hedges around, but I could have been a few miles downwind. 


The only other snafu I encountered was an older lady lurking around with her little dog.  I heard her ask if I was okay, but I thought she was talking to her dog and didn’t answer.  It wasn’t until the third or fourth time I realized she was yelling at me from her yard.  I sprung up, hoped I had my shot and rolled out with a wave and a smile on my face.  I’m not entirely sure, but I think she rolled her eyes when she slammed her front door.  What’s one more mortifyingly embarrassing moment in the name of developing my photography skills?!

I did take a bit of a new route to avoid the temptation of asking my neighbor for a fungi photo shoot opportunity.  We’ll find out in time if I finally break down and either ask permission or eventually just ransack the yard.  Another goal for my list: some photos during sunset and on the next full moon night, which I believe will be March 19th.  Let’s all keep our fingers crossed for a clear sky.  Enjoy the new photos!         


Popular Posts