{recipe} Quick & Easy Zuppa Toscana

I am a cook. I love to cook, invent new recipes, eat…I love to eat. I have always cooked, I have always loved it and it’s something I’m naturally good at. Putting unique, budget friendly meals on the table, is my favorite hobby.

I’ve probably said it a trillion times - I refuse to eat subpar meals just because I have insane highly active twin toddlers. I love them. I love my boys, but without good food life is a little less bright and I’m a little less patient.

Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite soups. It’s bold, meaty, filling…men love it, women love it. It’s the King of soups. This recipe is a knock out, super quick, parent friendly version. I created it because I lack the time for extra prepping, sautéing, etc...but it totally maintains every single bit of the original recipes integrity.

Ingredients
1 pound Italian sausage
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 medium white onions
1/4 cup real bacon bits
4 cloves garlic
80 ounces chicken broth or stock
1 pint heavy cream
6 small potatoes
1 bunch kale
1 bunch fresh Italian parsley

 

Popular Posts