{recipe} Homemade Bloody Mary Mix


I’m a big fan of Bloody Mary’s. I get on kicks every once in a while, where I can’t get enough of them. They are SO GOOD! They make me feel relaxed and energized all at the same time. Veggies meets alcohol always makes for a good time.

I also have a super easy Skinny Bloody Mary that I make really often [click here for that recipe], but when I think enough in advance to prep it, I like to make my full spice recipe.

This recipe is a little naturally sweet, has a little kick of citrus and the perfect amount of heat. Definitely a fave!

Ingredients
48 ounce can of tomato juice
Juice of 3 lemons
Juice of 3 limes
3 tablespoons fresh ground horseradish
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon favorite hot sauce
1.5 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper


Directions
Pour a few cups of tomato juice into a blender with the horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper and grind a minute or two until smooth. In a glass or plastic container, mix the blended mixture with the rest of the tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Shake or stir until mixed well and let refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours to let the flavors develop.


Serving
I like my drinks strong…not strong tasting, but something with a kick. I like to fill a cup with ice, 2 ounces of vodka and 6 ounces of mix. Stir, garnish and serve!


Garnishing
My classic fall back is an old bay lined rim, stalk of celery and a lime wedge. My absolute favorite garnish is a bunch of blue cheese stuffed olives. I know, sounds crazy, but it’s GOOD! Another goodie is an old bay lined rim and cocktail shrimp.

There really isn’t too much you can’t put in there. I’ve had pearl onions, pickled okra, pickled green beans when I was in Louisiana, baby corn, a giant stalk of rosemary with a celery, garlic stuffed olives - if you throw enough things in there, you won’t even have to serve a meal.

Popular Posts