My Tea Hit List


All tea is not created equal…

I use to work at this fancy little restaurant over a decade ago. When you ordered hot tea, the wait staff would bring you a tea cup, saucer, hot tea kettle and a fancy little box with over a dozen assortments of specialty tea to choose from. Before River’s Inn, I thought there was only Lipton.

Some of my favorite brands are STASH, TAZO, Yogi and Celestial Seasonings. My favorite blends…

Chai Spice
A really rich black tea loaded with amazing spices. Typically cinnamon, clove, cardamom, black peppercorns and even star anise, ginger and red chilies. I brew mine extra strong and add a lot of milk and sugar. This is a super indulgent treat that I love, especially during the winter.

Earl Grey
Typically a blend of Chinese black tea or Indian Darjeeling tea and pure bergamot oil. I love this tea any time of day or year. It is incredibly fragrant and refreshing. The hint of citrus is really remarkable.

Orange Pekoe
My favorite grade of regular black tea. If I’m looking to have a regular tea day, Orange Pekoe is my guy. It’s really high quality and super smooth.

Green Tea +
I love regular green tea, but I especially love interesting green tea blends. If I see something new, I always grab it and give it a try. Recently I’ve been sipping on a blend with lemongrass and spearmint. It’s really amazing.

Jasmine
A really special tea. It is incredibly fragrant. This is one you have to try to believe it. The tea is smooth, the blend is very delicate. I use to drink a gallon of the stuff when I would eat at Pattaya in Yorktown, Virginia. I really miss that place.

Echinacea +
I’ve mentioned that I like to drink Echinacea tea medicinally through the entire year, especially cold and flu season. It’s a really tasty tea. Definitely one to keep on hand when germs are flying around. This current cold and flu season, I’ve had an Echinacea blend that is full of green tea, peppermint, lemongrass, cinnamon bark, licorice root, ginger root, clove bud and about 10 other tasty ingredients. Love, love, LOVE it!

Popular Posts