From Scratch Movie Theatre Popcorn


This is seriously the cleanest and best popcorn recipe ever. I have a popcorn machine that my husband bought me from Christmas [read about it here]. I wanted one for years. You can also make this recipe in a pot on the stove. It still turns out perfect.

With my handy popcorn machine, I’ve been testing dozens of recipes over the last 8 months. I really have tried everything, and on the bottom of my list, is flavored butter oil. After all of my experimenting, I realized that real butter and real salt is the only way to go.

Ingredients
1/2 cup popcorn seeds
1 stick butter [3 tablespoons clarified]
1 teaspoon salt


Directions
First, we need to make clarified butter. This is so easy. Take a stick of butter, a half cup stick, and melt it in the microwave until mostly melted. Stir to finish melting the rest of the way and set it aside for 5 minutes.


You will see the milk solids separate from the butterfat. This is a really important step. Using the butter as is will cause browning and it’s not very attractive. Gently pour out the light, see through layer of clarified butter into another container. Don’t throw out the butterfat! You can save it and use it for seafood dipping. It’s incredible with lobster.


Anyway… pour your seeds, clarified butter and salt into your popcorn machine, or into your stovetop pot and cook. That’s it. The best movie theatre style popcorn ever!
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts