DIY: Rustic Mason Jar Floral Arrangements


This is such a fun, inexpensive and easy project. You don’t have to have advanced painting skills to complete it. It’s every bit a beginner DIY. If you happen to have any of the supplies lying around like I did, it will cost you next to nothing. I personally used my leftover primer and paint colors in Fresh Guacamole from my kids room DIY here, Palomino Gold from my DIY gallery wall here and Tantalizing Teal from my guest bedroom DIY here.


In total, this project only cost me $9.00 for the new artificial flowers.


There are so many uses for these homemade vases. You can go white on white for wedding table arrangements, gold and silver for a holiday party and even create an ombre look with multiple shades of one color. You can also use them for storage. Instead of flowers, fill with pens and pencils for the office, dark manly colors and tools for your hubbies DIY space, odds and ends for your sewing room… the options are endless.

Supplies
Variety of paint colors [you can use spray paints]
Spray paint primer
3 tall pint & half mason jars
3 bunches of floral arrangements in colors of choice
Paint brush, unless you are using spray paint colors


Directions
Remove the lids from your mason jars…


Spray with primer in a well-ventilated area and let dry completely.


Start painting with your colors. I used indoor wall paint + primer in one. I only had to use one thin coat on the Fresh Guacamole and Tantalizing Teal. It took 2 light coats for my Palomino Gold.


Let them dry completely, and then you are ready to antique.


Take the back end of a butter knife and rub it over all of the letters on the front of the jar. Then go around the rim where the top screws on. I also like to add a little scratchiness in a chosen area. I like to keep it the same so the vases look like a set. I randomly chose the right side between the “Ball” and the “Wide Mouth” lettering.


Then add your flowers. That’s it.


We used ours in the main bathroom. They look fantastic. They would also look amazing in the middle of any dining table, coffee table, display shelf or fireplace mantle.
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts