Easy Fish en Croute


Fish en Croute simply means in a pastry crust. I’ve seen the recipes available, and a lot of them are really complicated. I mean hey! I can handle complicated. I would definitely say I have a handful of advanced skills. If I have a recipe to follow, I’ll knock it out of the park every time. But, I’m a MOM… I’m tired. I don’t want to prep for 30 minutes to an hour. I want to slice, squeeze, pour, bake, eat!
 
This recipe has it all. The taste and beauty of a long prepped Fish en Croute, but with the quickness and ease of a simple family dish. Don’t worry. It will be our little secret.
 
Ingredients
5 swai fillets
3 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 - 5 ounce pack Nature’s Green Vita Blend [or baby spinach]
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup any white wine
4 tablespoons butter
Half pack fresh chives [3/4 ounce pack], chopped
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted


Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Place your fish into the pan. Pour over the lemon and white wine. Sprinkle on your chives, garlic, salt and pepper.


Top each piece of fish with cut pieces of butter.


Top with the pack of Nature’s Green Organic Vita Blend, which has baby kale, spinach, chard and beet tops. Or you can use a pack of baby spinach instead.


Roll out your pastry crust on a lightly floured surface until it is 9 x 13, the perfect size to cover all of your fish in your pan.


Place the crust over the entire fish dish, tucking the sides in. Bake for 45 minutes, or until perfectly golden brown.


The dish cuts into 6 perfect portions.


Awesome! Enjoy…  
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts