Summer Food! Super Easy Grilled Corn

 
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! We have officially hit the season of grillin and chillin... 

This is my favorite method for grilling corn. It’s easy and it’s pretty. I much prefer this route over the typical aluminum foil method when company is over, or I’m trying to impress the fam...
 
Ingredients
4 whole ears of corn
Salt to taste
2-4 tablespoons butter
 
 
Directions
Soak the corn in cold water for an hour, with the husk and everything still on. As you can see, I was also making kabobs that day, so I threw in my bob sticks to soak too.
 
 
Carefully pull back the corn husk, being careful not to tear it. You want to keep it intact. Pull it down as far as it will go, while still staying attached. Then pull out all of the corn hair. Okay, I know it’s called silk, but I’ve been calling it corn hair since I was a kid, so that’s just what it is in my house.
 
 
Salt the corn, then carefully start to close up the husk one leaf at a time. Just before closing it off completely, tuck 2-3 little slivers of butter inside.
 
 
Then take an extra piece of husk and tie it around the top of your corn, to keep it closed [pictured at the top of this post]. Throw those bad boys on the grill. I like to start them on the bottom rack directly above the flame until they get pretty grill marks on them, turning often. This takes about 10 minutes. Then I finish them off another 20 minutes on the higher rack, then serve!
twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail
Pin This!

Popular Posts