[recipe] Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Bacon Kabobs

 
Jaime bought me a grill for our 5 year anniversary/my 31’st birthday present [I turn 31 on July 14th!]. I loooooooove grilling, probably more than any other method of cooking. When I have a good grill, I use it year round, rain or shine, snow or tornado… seriously. love. grilling.
 
So all I’ve been doing the past 2 weeks is making up new outdoor recipes. This is one of my favorite so far, next to the killer BBQ chicken I whipped up on the 4th. It turned out beyond amazing. Filling, sultry, a little sweet… plus it’s really easy to whip up.
 
Ingredients
1 pound 26/30 shrimp
1 pound scallops
3 dozen cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons favorite sweet & spicy dry rub
26-30 thick cut bacon slices
 
Dry Rub
You can pick up any type you love. I highly suggest a blend with sweet and spice, so you’ll want to look for a blend that has brown sugar and cayenne. Those are my fave. I personally used my homemade East Meets Mid-West Dry Rub. It was the perfect match. You can find that recipe HERE.
 
 
Directions
Soak your kabob sticks for 1 hour in water. Preheat your grill to hold a setting around 400 degrees. For my grill, that’s 2 burners on low and 2 off. Sprinkle all of your seafood with a light coating of dry rub. I used about 2 tablespoons for all 2 pounds.
 
 
Cut the bacon slices in half so you have 52-60 bacon halves. Cut only as many as you need. You just need one half for each piece of seafood. Start building your kabobs… 1 cherry tomato, 1 shrimp wrapped in a half bacon, one scallop wrapped in a half bacon, cherry tomato and repeat. You’ll end up with 4 cherry tomatoes, 3 bacon wrapped shrimp and 3 bacon wrapped scallops at the end, with a total of approximately 8-10 completed kabobs.
 
 
Spray your grill with nonstick grill spray and place your kabobs on the burner. Grill approximately 10-15 minutes, or until all seafood is cooked through and bacon is crisp, turning 1-2 times for even grilling. That’s it! Serve them up!!
 
 
This will feed 4-5 very hungry people. Some suggestions for sides are grilled corn on the cob and cornbread. For dessert, try a Grilled Banana Pudding. Too good!
 
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts