Pretzels From Scratch!?


I received a little food gift the other day - an Auntie Anne's at home pretzel making kit. Jaime couldn't wait for me to make them. Now, I've never made pretzels before, but I have made a lot of bread and various dough's. I knew it was going to be at least an intermediate task, so I made him help.


I have to say, the kit is so much fun as a group activity. I highly recommend giving it a try with your kids. You can pick the kit up in the baking isle right at your local Wal-Mart.

My husband wanted to get all technical and make official pretzel shapes, but you don't have to do that. You can make hearts, pretzel sticks, letters, numbers. The kit comes with all the stuff you need to make either original plain, original salted, or cinnamon sugar pretzels -but- the website is full of recipes to make pretzel dogs, cheesy twists and lots of other tasty foods.

Even though our pretzels turned out ugly because we stink at pretzel making, they tasted AMAZING! I'm not kidding. Jaime ate one, I ate one after the other {3 huge pretzels!}. They aren't going to last long around here.

Popular Posts