Stuffed Chocolate Puffs


I keep my house clean [clean eating], except a few hidden ingredients… deep, deep in the freezer. Every now and again, if I want something really good, I not only have to go digging, I have to cook from scratch. It keeps me under control as far as how many baked goods I can get my hands on, because as we all know, I am a baked good addict!

These were too good… too good! I ate four and almost died, then woke up at midnight and actually wanted to get up and get more. They don’t last long, and if you whip up an easy batch, you’ll immediately know why.

Ingredients
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 cup of semi-sweet, or dark if you prefer, chocolate chips
1.5 tablespoon butter, melted
Powdered sugar for dusting [optional]


Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cook spray. Roll out your puff pastry so it’s around 16 inches square and cut 8 rectangles into it. 


Then cut them in half, creating 16 triangles. If you want to create a different look, this recipe is not finicky. Feel free to keep the squares and stuff, fold and bake… or squish them in circles to look like little mini-pies.


If you’re going for something in the ball park of crescent, fill the rolls with your chocolate chips. 


Roll and place them on your baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops with the melted butter. 


Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown. 


Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy! 

PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts