{recipe!} Puff Pastry Crab



You may have noticed, I am newly addicted to puff pastry. I had never worked with it before this year. Everything I make, I always start from scratch - and yes - you can also make your pastry… but ready to go in the freezer isle is a real treat. I can’t get enough of it!

This recipe I threw together when I was looking for something new about 2 weeks ago. It turned out unbelievably good. Hubby loved it as is, I’m a saucie, so I served mine with a store bought roulade from the sauce isle. So easy, SO GOOD…

Ingredients
8 ounces crab meat
2 sheets puff pastry
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons butter
Half teaspoon favorite seafood seasoning
One teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon sherry
Big dash favorite hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Flour for dusting
Roulade for serving [optional]
1 egg



Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the crab meat in a large bowl. Salt and pepper it a bit, to taste. Melt the butter until just melted. Keep an eye on it so you don’t pop and boil it all over.



In a smaller bowl, mix together the melted butter, worcestershire, mayo, egg, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, sherry and hot sauce.



Gently mix the saucy mixture into the crab meat.



On a lightly floured surface, lay out your two puff pastry sheets. Cut one puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares. In the other puff pastry, cut out 4-3 inch circles. You can use a cookie cutter or specialty cutter, or a bowl like I did.



Lay the circles out on a lightly greased cookie sheet lined with foil.



Top each round of puff pastry with a quarter of the crab mixture.



Top each crab pile with one square of the puff pastry. Yes, you will have extra slack, and that’s what you want. You need to seal these bad boys up perfectly so everything stays inside.



Press the puff pastry top and bottom together like a little upside down pie and press the edges to completely seal. I used the backside of a fork.



Bake for 30 minutes and voila! Awesome!! Makes 4 puffs and serves 4.
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts