Kansas City Renaissance Festival

We finally went over the weekend! I had been dying to go to the Renaissance Festival for 3 years in a row. I read all about it the first fall we moved here. They have themed weekends, amazing food. People buy season passes, dress up in full fun garb, and go every Saturday and Sunday through the entire season.

It was everything I was imagining and more. They have a good wine selection, awesome beer selection, TONS of really good food, endless games for the kids, rides that are all old fashioned with manual labor [that was really crazy!]. We stayed all day. I usually don’t make it more than 2 hours anywhere before I get bored. That could never happen here.

We shot arrows, watched a live jousting, live music – watched the camel and elephant rides. That’s right! For only a couple of bucks a person, you can ride an enormous camel or elephant, your entire family together. I couldn’t believe it. We watched the street parades, talked to the “locals.” Too much fun!

We’re planning to go back for the Wine, Chocolate and Romance themed weekend and are going to book the Royal Romance Package. I feel sort of guilty, but we’re going to do it without kids. Just a little date and wine outing for hubby and I.

 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts