Dijon Rosemary Lamb Fondue


I am a fondue addict. I love fondue, puff pastry and cookies. They are my weekend treat faves. I have always wanted to try the Bourguignonne European style cooking method, which is cooking with oil. Typically canola. I’ve never been brave enough to order it out, which is where this new recipe was the perfect fit!


I found this particular recipe in one of my newer cookbooks, The Fondue Bible: The 200 Best Recipes. I mean, hello! If you love fondue, why not a collection of 200 of the best fondue recipes ever. I have been going nuts with this book. It’s an absolute must have. Not only full of dinner and dessert fondue recipes, but the incredible marinades, dips and sauces to go with. The best fondue book.

Ingredients
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 pound loin or leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
Oil for fondue {I like cholesterol free 0g trans fat canola}

Directions
First you are going to marinate. In a bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, rosemary, onion flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

In a shallow casserole dish, pour the marinade over the lamb, tossing to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

In a saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees, and then transfer to your fondue pot. Be sure not to fill your fondue pot more than half full.

Then simply spear the marinated lamb cubes with your fondue forks and cook for 1-2 minutes, to the temp you prefer your lamb.


Excerpted from The Fondue Bible: The 200 Best Recipes by Ilana Simon © 2007, 2013 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
 
 
PIN THIS!                                                    twitterfacebookpinterestbloglovinrssemail

Popular Posts