{recipe} Classic Escargot


Pretty much my entire life, my dad and I have been visiting Steak and Ale restaurant for their escargot. That was the one place we could always count on having it, and wouldn't you know it - they shut down!

Recently I've been dabbling with escargot recipes, when my dad surprised me with classic escargot dishes!! I have never been so excited. I swear they are the same exact ones they had at Steak and Ale.

Looking to get my fix of their recipe, I fooled around this past week and recreated it perfectly. I'm here to share! This recipe is super easy, contains all the classic components and is sooooooooo good!

Ingredients
One 7 ounce can of escargot snails
12 teaspoons butter
2 cloves minced garlic
2 large mushrooms, stems removed
12 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese

Hardware
Two half dozen depression escargot dishes - this recipe will make 2 full dishes, yielding a dozen baked escargot.


Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray the escargot dishes with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the mushroom caps into 12 small pieces and toss a piece in each escargot dish depression. Add an escargot snail to each depression, add a small sprinkle of garlic to each, and top each with 1 teaspoon of butter.


Finally, top each filled depression with 1 teaspoon of shredded parmesan cheese.


Place the completed escargot dishes onto a baking pan, just in case there is any simmer over. Put the escargot into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until everything is bubbly and hot and the cheese is just melted. Enjoy!!

Popular Posts