{recipe} Bacon Wrapped Green Beans


I haven't like cooked vegetables very much since my twin pregnancy. It's the strangest thing. They tell you all the things that you won't like, that you'll have cravings - but until I experienced it myself, I didn't realize that there are things you will never want to eat again. I've lost my taste for so many things, and have especially had to get super creative to add in my veggie servings per day. These little green bean gems will do it for anyone...

They are fantastic! Delicious, delicious, delicious - easy to make and turn out perfect every time. Making these bad boys was the first time I found myself sneaking into the fridge to heat up and eat leftover vegetables. Never thought that would happen in a million years.

Ingredients
1 pound of fresh green beans
4-8 strips of your fave bacon, cut in half
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take 5-10 green beans in a little bundle and wrap them with half a piece of bacon. Place each wrapped bundle seam side down on an oven roasting pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray {the pan type that has 2 pieces - the drip collecting pan and the flat top with the small slits}. Dissolve the brown sugar and garlic salt into the melted butter, and lightly baste each bacon bean bundle with the mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake a final 10-15 minutes for the bacon to crisp up and - VOILA! AMAZING!!

Popular Posts