{recipe} Mango Lassi

This is one of the easiest and one of my favorite summer smoothie recipes. A Mango Lassi is a yogurt based Indian smoothie. I had my first one about 6 years ago at Newab restaurant in Virginia. It was so good I ordered two and drank them before my appetizer even arrived. I was so full I couldn't even eat my meal.

What I love most about the recipe, is that it is customizable for those watching their figure. You can use all fat free and/or low fat dairy products and even replace the sugar with Splenda, or omit the sugar all together for a drink with a little zip and tang.

I love drinking these after a tough workout. They make a great post workout muscle tonic. Secret Benefits: It literally helps to blast belly flab and flatten abs, it's loaded with probiotics for digestive health, is a significant source of potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, vitamin B5 and vitamin B12 {among many others}, helps you recover from your workouts quicker, fight colds, improve concentration, fight acne and so much more!!


Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
4 teaspoons sugar
1 cup chopped mango

Directions
Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. It's that easy. Pour and serve. This recipe makes about 2 cups, so one nice medium size smoothie.

Popular Posts