{recipe} Homemade Dish Wash


I love making my own dish wash power. It's easy, cheap and I don't have to worry about ingesting residue from whatever they sneak in some of the pre-made boxed stuff. You'll find listed in the ingredients of a typical dish wash powder:


Doesn't sound too bad, right? I don't think so. By law, only if an ingredient is a possible irritant or allergen, does it have to be listed. You better bet the typical over the counter product is missing some info in the ingredient list. For starters, if you buy anything that has a "Fresh Scent," it contains a blend of chemical fragrance.

My point is, if you make it yourself - you know what's in it. The really wonderful thing about this recipe, is if you happen to already be making my homemade laundry wash, you already have most of the ingredients on hand.


Ingredients
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup citric acid


Directions
Mix and store in a dry place in a moisture free container. Every time you wash a load, fill your dish wash compartment with a tablespoon of homemade dish wash detergent.

Extra Tip
If you want to replace your rinsing agent, use either white vinegar, or lemon juice.

Containers
I buy my containers from Wal-Mart. The one pictured has 3 different sizes. I grab the tall one for just under $6.00. We have them all over our house. They look good, match our appliances and have that awesomely handy tablespoon scoop on the side, so I always have a deemed cleaning product scoop. Totally convenient. 

Popular Posts