{recipe} Easy Laundry Wash

 
Anyone who knows me, or reads my blog often - knows that I am all about DIY and living natural. Aside from making all the bath and body products we use in our home, I also make all of our cleaners, laundry washes, dish wash - everything.

Rant: What I don't like about regular laundry wash, is that the chemicals they are loaded with, stick in your clothing and are absorbed into the skin. I also don't like the non-biodegradable ingredients a lot of them still include. Bad for you, bad for the environment. The following is a list of common ingredient you will find in a typical over the counter laundry detergent:


No thank you! Today I'm sharing my super easy and super inexpensive laundry wash recipe. For a liquid variation and a variation for HE washers, please feel free to read my other post {HERE}Today I'm including pictures to show how freakishly easy this is - trying to tempt you into DIY. All you will need for this recipe is:


Ingredients
2 cups grated natural soap {one 3-4 ounce bar}
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda

Choosing a Natural Soap
For my recipe today, I'm using my own handmade lavender and lemongrass soap. Another favorite I use often, is my Sweet Rosemary Orange. You can use whatever you love. It can be a scented natural soap, unscented - you won't need more than one {1} 3-4 ounce bar for a full recipe. It will grate into 2 cups. If you need to find a natural soap to use, feel free to check out my handmade soap selection {HERE}.

Borax and Washing Soda
You can buy, right in the isle where the pre-made chemical clothing wash is - borax and washing soda at Wal-Mart. Together they cost less than $8.00, and will make more than 9 batches, washing over 300 loads of laundry. You want to talk about savings. Natural, inexpensive - EASY...


Directions
Mix your 2 cups of grated natural soap with the 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of washing soda. Shake it up real good. Store in a moisture proof container. Use 2 tablespoons per full load. Voila! You've done it!!


Conatiners
I bought my modern black laundry container from Wal-Mart for less than $6.00. It even has an included tablespoon scoop right on the side. You can smile knowing you spent way less money than the cheapest pre-made chemical laundry wash, and your wash room will look really clean and modern - and is green and natural.

Popular Posts