{recipe} Chive Butter


Herb infused butters are awesome - the process takes a super simple condiment and transforms it into something really special - practically a main course if you are a bread addict like my husband and I. I use herb infused butters all the time. Some of my favorites are chive, rosemary, sweet basil, cinnamon sugar, lavender, cilantro, dill, fennel, and I even like to make honey butter for all of my brown breads.


They also make incredible gifts. Yes - gifts! You can wrap them in wax paper, tie with cute bakers twine and tag.

For any herb infused butter, all you will need is...


Ingredients
2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives {or any other fresh herb}
1 stick butter


Directions
Leave your butter out a few hours to become soft and room temp. Dice your herbs as small as possible. Stir in 2 tablespoons. Cover and refrigerate.

That's pretty much it. You can use it right then and there -but- I like to refrigerate mine for 24 hours to really soak up that herbal flavor and aroma.


Also, for no particular reason at all, I like to roll mine into a round tube shape and slice after it's fully chilled. It's just a pointless touch I've fallen in love with. I guess it's my way of showing that I care so much, I made the plain old boring butter good enough.


Anyway - it's amazing on bread, but get even more creative by placing a thin slice on the top of any steak, melt over grilled corn, serve melted with lobster tails, crab legs, place a dollop on salmon fillets, cod fillets, sautéed trout, steamed asparagus, steamed clams, grilled potatoes, add to mashed potatoes - go crazy!

Popular Posts