{review} Medifast Weight Loss Program


I've recently decided to give Medifast a whirl. By the time you're reading this, I should be about a week through the program. I'm no stranger to short term dieting programs, cleanses and workout routines. I absolutely love that the option is out there. Everything is so convenient these days when it comes to diet and exercise choices, and with two year old twin boys, convenience is always something I look for.

I stumbled on Medifast a few months ago and have been tossing the idea around of a little trim up. I finally decided it's time. I could stand to drop about 10 pounds. I rotate exercise routines back to back all the time, but it has been about 2 years since I've gone on any type of food diet. I was originally planning to do The Master Cleanse for a quick trim, but Medifast gives similar weight loss results, without being so insanely restrictive. If everything works out the way they claim, I shouldn't have to use the full program more than 2-3 weeks, with a little maintenance after to wean me towards my normal routine, then can drop into a normal, permanent, healthy eating regimen.

Why I Chose Medifast
First, everything you need is included. I love that. In the past I've done a 4 week NutriSystem plan, twice. It was not convenient. The weight loss was just as guaranteed, but aside from spending the initial $300+ on the program, you have to go out and buy tons of other supermarket items to go with the diet. You don't have to do that with Medifast. Depending on what you buy, of course, max prepping takes only water and a microwave. Fabulous.

You get to prepare one meal a day of your own. That is actually perfect. The only time my entire family gets to sit down and eat together, is dinner time. I just have to slightly re-portion my meal to fit the programs requirements. We eat pretty healthy, so I'll just be plating more veg and cutting the carb. If we eat out, I can get a large salad, no dressing, with 3-4 ounces of lean protein - a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of salt, and VOILA! Dinner out with the fam, no problem.

You have the option to order however much you want! That is the real kicker. I absolutely can't stand ordering a month worth of food and trying to find a place to put it all. I went through the website shop, took my time and individually ordered ONLY THE THINGS I KNOW I WILL LIKE. The biggest mistake people make is ordering the packages with all of the bars and shakes, if you don't like the bars and shakes. It WILL feel like a diet! You don't have to eat things you don't like. I didn't order shakes, drinks, pudding, BLUCK! I got eggs, pancakes, pretzel sticks for late night snacking and tons of soups. I know myself very well. I know exactly how I habitually eat, so I ordered in a way that works with my habits.

You get to eat 6 times a day, every 2-3 hours. My biggest downfall with dieting is when I feel hungry and want to put things in my mouth - anything. Once I feel bored, anxious, hungry - it's time to throw the next serving of food down the hatch. Perfect for me - I'm a total grazer.

Initial Thoughts
In all I think this will be a very successful program. I've done a lot of research. The science is there, even though it is extremely low cal, the constant fueling should help with fatigue and to keep metabolism up. I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be reporting back in approximately two weeks with weight loss stats and my so far overall opinion of the system, food, delivery time, tips, tricks, etc...and we'll see how much longer I'll need to go to get where I want to be. I'll also be posting pics from the items included in the "top secret" intro pamphlet/guide to make sure you get all the info you need to decide if Medifast might be something you'd like to try too. Wish me luck!

Popular Posts