The Miracle of Apple Cider Vinegar

 
I wasn't even planning to blog about this, but I can't hold it back because I am so excited! About a week ago I was talking about my hideosly hard water here in Missouri and the effect it has had on my solid shampoo and thusly, my hair. I had been testing with acid washes post solid shampoo for a few weeks to cure the problem. Well, at the same time I had worked on a secret weapon that was in its testing phase - an Apple Cider Vinegar Solid Shampoo. I was testing acid washes while my super brave friends were kind enough to accept and put the new product to the test.

The acid rinse was great, but if done every wash my hair was oddly hard and stiffish. I don't know how else to explain it - perhaps it was getting a little dry. It was like I had a lot of hairspray in it and I don't use styling products. Cutting back to an acid wash twice a week made my hair look great most of the time, but the in between washes were grimy.

New Solid Shampoo Wash, Air Dry, No Styling Products

Being a person who wants what she wants, I wasn't happy enough. I want to solid shampoo, spot solid condition and have my hair fluffy, full of volume, soft, flowing and everything else it was pre-hard water every day. I actually did it! It is absolutely perfect. My hair is 100% like it was before with my old routine. With everyone giving it an exhilarated two thumbs up, the new solid shampoo hit my shops and my shower permanently.


New Solid Shampoo Wash, Air Dry, Flat Iron, No Styling Products

The Specs on the New Bar
I start with my signature moisturizing base of sweet almond oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and carnauba wax to make a hard bar that lasts a long time. I then blend in organic apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegars acidity is extremely close to that of hairs natural acid mantle making it the perfect conditioner and cleanser. This solid shampoo balances hairs natural pH, removes buildup and closes the hairs cuticle in order to cover and protect the surface of each hair shaft. The result is a smoother surface which reflects more light leaving hair shinier, smoother and easier to manage.


The Apple Cider Vinegar Solid Shampoo is scent and color additive free with a natural soft cocoa smell due to the addition of organic unrefined cocoa butter. The bar is super moisturizing, makes an amazing fluffy lather and leaves hair clean, clarified and full of volume without stripping hair of its natural oils. It is perfect for all hair types and can be used as often or as little as needed. It will also keep dandruff and itch under control ~ just another great miracle of Apple Cider Vinegar. It is great to pack for camping and vacations to cut down on products you have to tote around and will never explode in your bag or have to be checked at the airport due to size. This bar is also extremely eco-friendly helping to cut down on the use of plastic containers and makes a very thoughtful gift for men or women.



Check Out the Milk & Honey Naturals Solid Shampoo Line

 

Popular Posts