Commercials Make Me Barmy

Soooooooooo Long Ago - Okay, Just 5 Years

My husband Jaime and I have a long standing tradition - Since the beginning of our dating, years and years and OMG years ago, we've been finding old series and new that have been running a while and we marathon. When we burn through the old seasons we follow the new and find another back series to splurge on. Some of our favorite finds:

Louie ~ This show is a darkish comedy based around the slightly exaggerated life of standup comedian Louis C.K. We can't get enough of it. He is a middle aged, funny, divorced dad of girls who truly sees things in a unique light. The show has me laughing so hard every time I can barely stand it and every episode has me dying to come back for more. This is the perfect show to watch if you like gut busting truthful comedies about fatherhood, marriage, divorce, living in NY, dating again, depression, getting older, fatter and everything else that life is loaded with.

Akward ~ I wasn't sure what to expect when I started watching this newer MTV comedy, but by the end of the pilot I was super hooked! It's all about a nobody girl who had a true accident in her bathroom that looked like a suicide. She is suddenly pushed into the light after the rumors start flying. It is so funny trying to watch her deal with her new life, the dynamics of friendships, relationships and especially her parents who were basically kids when they had her. This show is full of priceless one liners and teen comedy.

Californication ~ This was a natural marathon choice for Jaime and I because we found it right after running with The X Files. I'm madly in love with David Duchovny and would watch anything with him in it. I would happily watch him watch paint dry. The newer series is phenomenal and fits his bad boy, hot little reputation perfectly. It's dark, funny, artistic, creative, disgusting, and amazing all rolled into one. His character, Hank Moody is a ridiculously talented writer with a dark life whose soul belongs in NY but he was relocated to sunny California following his x-girlfriend and daughter. It dabbles in fatherhood, bad and good relationships, losing control, loving life, hating life and everything in between.

True Blood ~ I am hopelessly and sickeningly addicted to this show right now. The first few seasons stayed under people's radar and they finally picked up popularity by the end of season 3. Now I don't have to hold my breath between seasons waiting to find out if they were picked up for another - it's just so stressful! This is an admittedly ridiculous, sex ridden HBO series about every type of mythical creature you could imagine. The story line has me hook, line and sinker. I was entranced just with the vampires but when they threw in werewolves, fairies, maynard's, witches and shape shifters, I came out of the closet as a True Blood addict. I'm impatiently waiting to find out what's next. I'm hoping for selkie's, leshy's, encantado's, aswang's, a fling with Alcide and Eric to get his bad boy memories back.

Those are my top 4 must see shows I'm in the middle of marathoning right now. Some of my old 'Go To' favorites: According to Jim, Sex and the City, Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier - the list goes on and on and on and on!



Popular Posts