Psychic Incense - Incense Magick


I absolutely LOVE making incense cones. It’s quick, easy and in a few days after drying, you can get your perfect burn on. This incense is awesome if you are trying to get in touch with your clairvoyant side, are summoning spirits, trying to stimulate your psychic powers and awareness or to enhance your divinatory abilities. The perfect day to burn is on a Thursday and / or during a full moon.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 tsp. wormwood
  • 2 tsp. star anise
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. marshmallow root
  • Dash of purple colorant of choice
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp. water

DIRECTIONS
As I always mention, I like to imbue intention every second and chance I get… so I ground the wormwood, star anise, cinnamon and marshmallow root with a mortal and pestle. It gives me the extra time to really think and concentrate on what it is I’m trying to hit the ‘911 prayer line for.’ Then I add all of the other ingredients and with my mortal and pestle, I’ll work it gently into an awesome dough. If you’ve ever worked with pie crust and gotten it just right… it feels the same. It’s fluffy and fricken awesome!
 
From there, I work into cones by hand. I don’t worry about perfection. I just make sure my intentions are known and that I work everything with my bare hands no matter how dirty I am and for no matter how many days after… and that I take my time and TRY to make something perfect and beautiful. That’s it! Job done!
 
I typically dry for 5 days and then burn OUTSIDE. Now again, I know. That’s ridiculous. I hate it but everyone freaks out about everything these days and I too caught the “TMI” paranoia bug so I cut it out of the house for my kids and pets.
 
For getting in touch with my clairvoyant side, trying to stimulate my psychic powers / awareness or to enhance my divinatory abilities - I burn outside while I meditate. I attempt to stay in a deep meditative state for the entire burn of the cone then I’m done.
 
If I’m trying to connect with spirits, I do the entire burn during a full moon either in the graveyard (not on any particular grave, just in the graveyard) or while sitting in a circle of graveyard dirt. Where pets are buried or where you have sprinkled ashes are great places as well. And if you have none of the above at your safe and comfortable and legal disposal, some great substitutes for graveyard dirt are Valerian, Arrow Root or Mullein.

Popular Posts