{recipe} Southern Roasted Pecans

I have been trying to fit this recipe into my blog calendar for over a month. It is one of my favorite late night snacks. It's my recipe for Southern Roasted Pecans. They hit all cravings modes - sultry, sweet, salty, decadent and even light because they aren't too rich or heavy. You'll typically find these during the winter holidays at fall festivals and maybe even the local mall from time to time, if you're lucky. If I ever find them, I never pass up buying and eating a billion of them, but I prefer to make them at home so they are super fresh and warm right out of the oven.


Ingredients
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
2.5 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon


Directions
Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Spray a baking pan down with non stick cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk {with a fork or whisk} the egg white and water together until it just starts to get a little fluffy. Stir in the pecans and coat them really well and even. In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Poor the powder mixture over all the coated pecans and stir to get a nice even coating. Spread the coated pecans in your baking pan in a single layer and pop into your preheated oven. You're going to bake for a full hour, stirring the pecans every 15 minutes. After each stir, be sure to spread the pecans into a single layer again, then continue baking. You can let them cool completely, or do like I do and eat them warm from the oven. I store my leftovers {if I even have any} in an airtight container.



Gift Alert!
These make really great gifts for friends, family and co-workers. Just line decorative tins with wax paper, poor in pecans and deliver to the ones you love! If you want to keep it super inexpensive, like gifts for co-workers, get mini tins or line and fill pillow boxes. You can find really cute mini tins and pillow boxes at Wal-Mart in the craft and party supply section with all of the wedding favor containers.


Popular Posts