Been a While Again!

Since last I caught everyone up I made a career move and haven't been so happy in years.  I was having a lot of trouble in my last position being stuck where I had no opportunity for advancement.  I hooked up with someone who knows my potential and is truly mentoring me and building on my already established skills as an accounting manager.  So I'm the Senior Accountant and am looking forward to consistently moving up.
 
 
 
Besides that big step... which is always scary (job changes and career moves)... We've just been hanging out.  We've been doing the restaurant thing.  Restaurant week starts here tomorrow from the 15th through the 24th.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Anyone who doesn't know about restaurant week -- For a week and a half every year around 150-200 amazing restaurants offer $15.00 three course lunches and $33.00 three course dinners showcasing the best of the best from each establishment (check out the list of menus and restaurants here).  If you're ever in the KCMO area, you have to hit up a few places.  Some of these places you can't typically walk out without a $400.00 bill.  To get out of our James Beard Awarded and Nominated restaurants for $100.00 is a steal.  Definitely worth it.
 
 
 
And I have undertaken making all of the kids snacks recently.  I was already doing food, breakfast... everything whole wheat, whole oils, etc... but they were still eating store snacks.  My suspicion was right.  Getting them away from processed snacks has drastically improved there attitude.  So the last little bit to offer is a recipe share with our new fave healthy snack recipes + random pics from work and the game with the kids...
 
The Game + Hotel w/Best Room Service + Christmas Eve Party @ My Place...
 













 
Recipes You Have to Try...
 
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies... replace sugar with Truvia baking blend (sugar in the recipe... not the outside powdered sugar), oil with olive oil and flour with whole wheat pastry flour... RECIPE HERE
 

3 ingredient easy peanut butter cookies.  Replace sugar with Truvia baking blend.  Full of protein... RECIPE HERE

 

Popular Posts