Ingredients Corner - Rosemary Essential Oil


Rosemary essential oil is one of my favorite herbal essential oils to use. I add it to everything from my invigorating citrus shave bar, to my handmade body soaps, solid lotion repellents and even my hair care line. It has a very fragrant, woody scent that not only serves multiple health benefits, but is also a great base for balancing out lighter notes in the floral and fruit families. My favorite blend is sweet orange with an undertone of rosemary. Absolutely delicious!

The health benefits associated with rosemary essential oil in bath and beauty products include:
  • Hair Care: Rosemary helps to stimulate the hair follicles, which helps hair to grow longer and stronger. It also helps to slow down the process of hair loss and graying hair and wards off dry, flaky and itchy scalp issues.
  • Skin Care: Rosemary essential oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer and has amazing anti-inflammatory benefits. It is also a great choice for a natural acne treatment, as it serves as a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent. It's also the perfect choice for dermatitis issues, such as eczema.
  • Extra Benefits: Rosemary essential oil can help to improve mental clarity, enhance memory, relieve headaches and improve the appearance of cellulite.
  • Extra Special Benefit: Wards off mosquitoes! I add rosemary essential oil to my natural solid lotion repellent as a triple threat when blended with essential oils of eucalyptus and citronella. Say goodbye to mosquitoes, biting flies, lice, ticks, mites and fleas.

Popular Posts