Pre and Post Apologies

Goodness! I have been desperately trying to get online for something other than work the past few days. I wanted to apologize for being so intra-derriere. I’ve had so much going on and been dreaming, planning, getting lost in my own head, expanding and still trying to fit in family and all my can’t live without hobbies.

First I want to start by saying Thank You to Sarah of Simply Sarafina Paintings who nominated me for an award. I am beyond flattered because not only am I a reader and admirer of hers, but she is ridiculously talented. Her art is absolutely amazing. It is so beautiful, uplifting, modern, fun and everything in between. Make sure to visit her blog at http://simplysarafina.blogspot.com/ and her shop at http://www.simplysarafina.com/.

Now I’m going to follow the protocol with random old photos littered throughout my post:

1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. (done)

2. Share seven random facts about yourself.

3. Pass the award along to five deserving bloggy buddies.

4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Seven random facts about me:


1. My husband and I met a few years before we thought and didn’t realize it until we had been dating a few years. We were comparing old memories one day and found out I was the girl he couldn’t get out of his head from a party that was swimming in her underwear in the middle of the night and he was the turd that thanked me for it. We laugh about it often.


2. I hate pants! As soon as I walk in the door I take them off and slide on a pair of yoga capris. I have no idea how I’m going to live once they fall apart. There life span is 2 years and counting.


3. I am terrified of the dark, especially in my new/old house I just moved back in to. I very often get the feeling of a presence.


4. I do not kill bugs and will freak out if someone does it around me. Recently I will dispose of a few if it is absolutely necessary. These rare cases are due to my children. Anything that may bite, sting or hurt my kids in any way must be liquefied immediately.


5. I was obsessed with aliens until I was a teenager and may be getting re-obsessed due to a television series on the History channel called ‘Ancient Aliens.’ Oh yeah, it’s also making me more afraid of the dark.


6. My number one dream in life was to own a little country French cafe similar to laMadeleine in New Orleans. Having a family and owning a restaurant can be detrimental to the lifestyle. Owning an organic handmade soap and solid body care company is a close second and every day I spend with my family I know I made the right choice.


7. I like a lot of embarrassingly horrible shows. The story lines are intriguing, but the acting is a little soap opera and sometimes pretty lame. A few of them are ‘Desperate Housewives,’ ‘Parenthood,’ and definitely ‘True Blood.’

Now for my nominees!

Taylor Lynn of Dreams of Fae and Perfectly Sensible Nonsense. She is a homeschooled teen who runs The Forest Faery on Etsy. She is endlessly sweet, considerate, creative, inspirational and witty.

ElfRenee who runs ElfRenee on Etsy and is endlessly talented, well rounded in her skills, natural, beautiful from the inside out and has a green thumb that is almost supernatural.

Reshma of Global Chic, Masala Mango Mantra, Color Canopy and Indian Artists Corner. Her design aesthetic is colorful and effortlessly flawless. Her ideas are inspirational, uplifting and continuously unique.

Jordan of Rainbow Veins, a blog full of animal pictures that will make your heart melt, her and her family. She is fun, funny, quirky, beautiful, magnetic and endlessly loving.

Last but not least (none of these are in any particular order):

Melinda of Inspiration Earth - A Journey of Simplicity. She shares many of my beliefs and is endlessly brightening on a dark day, inspirational when you feel you have nothing left and uplifting when you feel the weight of the world pulling you down.

Popular Posts