Thursday – Blue Candle for Healing and Health


Blue Rules Thursday; which corresponds to Jupiter. Jupitarian energy is very jovial, expansive, generous, and abundant. Jupiter is the joyful and benevolent king, the generous grandfather who always has a wise and healing story to tell, the beauty within the storm. Blue candles are ideal for any work that involves expansion, wisdom, and healing. They represent the element of water, and are fantastic for spells pertaining to…

  • Peace
  • Healing & health
  • Inspiration
  • Dream magic
  • Protection
  • The throat chakra
  • Go towards Indigo for the Third Eye chakra ***
  • Represents the element of Water

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 – 4 inch pre-prepped wicks or 3 – 4 inch pieces of jute
  • Mold for 3 – 3” pilar candles or use 3 pilar candle holders
  • 1 cup of soy wax or beeswax
  • A few drops of blue liquid colorant, a ¼ teaspoon of blue mica, ground blueberry powder -or- grind a few blueberries into a liquid
  • 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • Pinch of chia seeds 
  • Pinch of ginger
  • Pinch of coriander
  • Pinch of rosemary
  • Pinch of sage
  • Pinch of thyme
DIRECTIONS
I like to imbue intention every chance I get… so I grind the chia, ginger, coriander, rosemary, sage and thyme with a mortal and pestle. It gives me the extra time to really think and concentrate on what it is I’m trying to hit the ‘911 prayer line for.’
Melt your soy wax or beeswax in the microwave for 5 minutes on 50% power and stir. Repeat for a minute each time from there if needed until the wax is just completely melted. Stir in your colorant, the eucalyptus essential oil and your ground ingredients. If you are making your own wicks with jute, this is the point you want to dip your wicks into the wax and hang or lay on the counter to cool. It only takes a minute or two, so they’ll be ready by the time you pour your candles.

Let your wax mixture cool to between 140°F - 160°F, then pour your candles slowly. I like to wait about 10 minutes until the candles are starting to set and then I place my wick carefully in the center of each one. Let them cool completely then unmold and let sit in open air for 24 hours to get super duper hard. I like a long burning candle!

Then these guys are ready to burn! I do partial inside and partial outside because of the pets and kids. Again - I know. It’s ridiculous. I hate it but everyone freaks out about everything these days and I definitely caught the “TMI” paranoia bug. Apparentlyyyyyyyyyy burning candles and incense all the time in the house is worst then smoking in the house, so I don’t take any chances with more lives besides just mine around. If it’s me, whatever… but I try to make wise choices ‘just in case’ for those who can’t speak up in our house about it, or don’t understand the possible consequences.


So, again… I have lanterns I love that I light my candles, incense, incense cones, etc… in and for this particular recipe, I’ll light it in the heart of the home (our living room) and leave it for 10 minutes or so, then I leave my lantern outside to burn about a foot or two centered in front of my home front door to attract health and healing to my home.

When doing candle magick, I’ll typically repeat burning the same candle type for at least 3 weeks in a row on the same day. So these would sit around and be labeled my “Thursday” candles in a paper bag that also has written, the intentions hoped for from burning the candles. I tend to burn candles per day all through the week for particular reasons ongoing to keep things in balance always. Candle magick works a little slower than power punch spells – so it’s always good to keep repeating intention several times. If you are having a health issue in your home and really need some attention, burn for 7 days in row.

Popular Posts