New Workout Videos -- Mix it Up!


I hate to admit it, but I went through a pretty lazy slump for over a year where I just didn’t want to work out.  My entire life I had been killing myself with diets and stints of clean eating and revolution.  I just needed a break.  I have 5-year-old twin boys, I cook… clean… work full time and I was finishing up school.  It’s lame to make excuses but I truly did have a life where the only time I could fit in exercise was late at night and by then I just wanted to go to bed.
 
https://www.blueapron.com/
 
So I started fitting it into my schedule and even though it blows, I wake up at 5:00am to do it.  Yup.  You heard me right.  I jump out of bed at 5:00am Monday through Friday and kick my booty with a hard hitting 30-minute workout.  And I’ve always eaten healthy and balanced so I made no adjustments in that area.  The only thing I have added is Blue Apron meals which rock!  That's what is getting delivered today above for this week.  I'm so excited to get home and see my delivery on the front porch!  I get so much fresh fruit and vegetables.  They send super clean meals that I will never stop having delivered.  And until I drop this pesky 10 pounds that is bothering me I’m not drinking.  And after that I’m avoiding beer because goodness!  That will pack pounds on over time and bloat you like crazy.  It's going to be wine-ville for me only...
 
I like to mix my workouts up.  I don’t want to do the same one more than twice a month and I don’t want to spend a billion dollars to get 10-20 new workout videos every single week.  So I get them for free on YouTube!  I’m so thankful for the people that post their own free videos.  It gives people like me (and like you) a chance to keep from getting bored, burned out and turning away from health and wellness.
 
Today I was going to share 3… 2 that I absolutely LOVE and 1 that someone out there might dig, but I found it insanely difficult to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL_x6Q0S4ew

This first one above is what looked like a really fun dance video.  It was hot and energetic.  Well I think I can’t dance because I was all over the place, could not follow or keep up, was completely dyslexic with my moves and I’m pretty sure I pulled muscles more than I worked them out.  I did it this morning and I can tell my neck isn’t going to be so well this weekend.  But I did get a good sweat out of it because I was MADDDDD and cursing at the TV which got me all worked up on top of the bouncing around and pulling my neck and my back… lol! (check out this video here -- if you dare!) You might find that you absolutely love it… but keeping up or cursing your potty mouth off... you're definitely going to at least get a good workout.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwXzXpmwFG4
 
This next one above was really great.  I got a good sweat going, it was awesomely easy to follow and the best part was the long stretching at the end.  I felt limber and relaxed throughout the entire day.  I highly recommend it.  The only thing is you don’t want to do it more than twice a week and space it out when you do because it’s a calf killer.  You don’t want to hit that muscle group again until your calf muscles get a good break or they will burn like CRAZY the next time you hit this video. (check out that video here)…
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrrN6cEBRQ
 
And finally, this might be my favorite.  It’s aerobic and strength training, easy to follow and at first you're going to be like “What!  This is it!?”  Because the first 5 minutes they are easing you in but then they start kicking it.  I really enjoyed it… (check out that video here)…
 
And that’s about it for today.  I’m just going to keep working on my fitness for that big trip we are taking in a couple months.  It’s hard work setting up camp and breaking down most every day of a trip.  And don’t get me started on the hauling and fishing in between.  You can’t just roll out on a big adventure like this the first time in camping season with your lazy winter bod and this year we aren’t doing weekends first.  We typically ease in.  It’s out the door for a challenging 9 day adventure.  So buck up!  Get fit!  And good luck everyone on building that beach bod, camping bod, picking up heavy kids bod… or whatever you like to use your healthy and strong body for!
 
P.S. Go moms and dads!  If you’re working, taking care of kids and rocking the fitness… you’re awesome!!  And don’t forget it…

Popular Posts